**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Put in SD card, nothing....

Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
How to get apps etc to move all or part over to the new SD card I put into my Samsung Victory.
I checked 'settings' on Samsung, nothing there seemed to clue in to a mass move. [installed apps, storage, etc.]
Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs

Comments

• gezafischgezafisch Posts: 86FreedomPop Newbie
    @Rich Sias (16th)

You cant move apps to sd card if you don't have a rooted phone and link2sd app. This feature was supported in earlier versions of Android but is not in Jellybean (4.0.2 - 4.3) which the Samsung galaxy victory from freedompop comes with.

If you would like further instructions on how to root your phone I can answer them as I have rooted the victory myself. If you do end up rooting, it will void your warranty. Also, be aware that rooting is sometimes destructive and can end up breaking your phone. I will take no blame for anything that happens to your device if you break it following my instructions.

Geza
  • gezafischgezafisch Posts: 86FreedomPop Newbie
    BTW, how are you a FP master, and FP pro and not know much about android?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got in early being a 'hot-spot' jockey.
    So far have avoided rooting anything to avoid botched jobs.
    So is the SD card totally useless on UN-rooted Victorys ?
    If not, what can I do with it in the meanwhile?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    In the un-rooted state, you may still be able to use the external SDcard to store media files/offline maps - it depends whether the apps you use with these are able to access the external SDcard.

Some apps like the Here mapping app, can do this natively (after setting the storage point to the external SDcard in the app settings), but many can't/may need help using a 3rd party file manager to move/access the files - when I initially ran into the same issue on my FP LG Optimus F3, I used ES File Explorer as described in this post: https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/comment/49506/#Comment_49506