**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Back cover won't close all the way

okayokay Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie
The back cover on the Kyocera Hydro Icon that I received today is partially open and will not close all the way. The top left corner has a small tab that will not grab. Everything looks intact, but no matter what I do that part of the cover is gaping open. I'm sure that the phone is not waterproof in this condition. Does anyone else have this problem? Do i need a new back cover or a new phone?image
Life's too short.

Comments

• okayokay Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie
    Upon further exploration it looks like the tab on the phone itself is worn (rather than the tab on the back cover). Hoping for an RMA# to return this.
    Life's too short.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Hello @okay I sincerely apologize for the delay in response, I would be more than happy to have a forum agent assist you on this. Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :3
  • basinbasin Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi, @Karina Magana
    I have the same situation. The rear cover was always partially open when I receive the phone. I submitted a support request early this week (reference number: #151006-000200). But no support team member gets back to me till now. Can you please help me with a new rear cover? :)

Hello @okay I sincerely apologize for the delay in response, I would be more than happy to have a forum agent assist you on this. Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :3

• Hello @basin

I apologize for the delayed response, were you ever helped out with this? If not I would be glad to assist you :3
  • basinbasin Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I just got an email reply today. Anyway, thank you!

Hello @basin

I apologize for the delayed response, were you ever helped out with this? If not I would be glad to assist you :3

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also check that your battery is flat and not pillow shaped.
    Take battery out and lay on flat table.
    Attempt to spin the battery.
    If it spins, battery is too 'puffy'. The thicker middle may interfere with the cover snapping shut. Also puffy batteries have greatly reduced milli-amp-hours capacity. i.e. the battery runs down much faster than a new one.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs