**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

HOW TO STOP YOUR DATA FROM DRAINING BECAUSE OF THE FAILING UPDATE.

Andrew GonzalezAndrew Gonzalez Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
Anyone that is losing data because of the update failing needs to GO TO "DATA USAGE" in the settings AND RESTRICT BACKROUND DATA ON GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES. This will PREVENT your DATA LOSS.

Comments

• douglas beerdouglas beer Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie
    This is not true. This only prevents Google from downloading updates to apps, it does not prevent OS updates from downloading.
  • Andrew GonzalezAndrew Gonzalez Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie

This is not true. This only prevents Google from downloading updates to apps, it does not prevent OS updates from downloading.

It works! This is how got my phone to stop trying to update every 5 seconds.

• S MPS MP Posts: 350FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Did you have any issues with calls or texts coming in after doing this?

Is this still working for you?

Thanks!!
    I'm not an employee...only a volunteer. If you need official assistance:

Freedompop Customer Service numbers-(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184---855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518---888) 915-2647--(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm PDT.
  • Haris LalicHaris Lalic Posts: 68FreedomPop Newbie
    @Andrew Gonzalez by restricting google play background data might mess up your FP service..if you did this and text and calls work fine then let us know..FYI.if you are trying to stop automatic updates then go to Play store, click 3 bars by "Google play" and then go to settings and disable auto-update apps, or set them to update over wi-fi only.
  • Andrew GonzalezAndrew Gonzalez Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    edited October 2015 #6
    @Haris Lalic @S MP
    I've had no problems with calls or texts since I've done this.