**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

New MIFI 500 - How to get signal/ Need Sim Card?

I am just wondering, does anybody know how to get signal at all on MIFI 500 LTE?

I noticed the device says "No SIM CARD", I tried to look around for the Freedompop Sim Card, but
I didn't any SIM CARD in the box that freedompop sent to me. I didn't see it either inside the device (beneath the
battery), I am just wondering if I should have gotten SIM CARD? or Can we connect this MIFI 500 LTE without sim card at all?

Thanks.

Answers

• Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Yes, you should've gotten a SIM card and it should've been in the device prior to you receiving the device. Without it you won't be able to access the LTE network (if you have LTE in your area) otherwise you'll be stuck on the 3G network.

You can procure one at any sprint store and then contact FreedomPop customer service to have it placed on your account. This is by far the fastest way to get one, now if sprint will give you one for free that's another thing entirely.

I hope this helps you out.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • Herman TheodorusHerman Theodorus Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Ok. So I guess Freedompop forgot to put one. Will they send me one for free though?.. I mean if I contact their customer service etc... I am not in a hurry.. so I can wait until they send me the sim card directly from freedompop...

Should I just call the customer service? or will one of the customer service folks will answer me through these forums?
    I was trying to reply to the post, but after clicking "post comment", it seems it was disappearing...

My question was should I contact the customer service or will one of the folks from customer service will give me instruction what to do to get the sim card from them.. I am not in a hurry .. so no problem waiting for the missing sim card from freedompop directly instead of from sprint store.
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Your posts go into a moderation pool where an admin decides if iy should be approved or not. Here is the phone number of customer support 855 703 5785

@Jorge M.maybe you can help him?
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    Hello @Herman Theodorus I apologize for the delay in reply from a forum admin, were you able to get your issue resolved? If not please let us know and we will be glad to further assist you with your SIM card request.
    @Jorge M. No, I guess I am waiting for the instruction how to get the SIM card from freedompop. Do you need like my order number? MEID or anything like that?

I was testing if I could swapped my freedompop LG phone SIM card for MIFI 500 temporarily, unfortunately it doesn't go too far.. so I guess I really need the "real" SIM Card from you guys to enable my MIFI 500 into 4G LTE network.

Let me know what you guys need.
    Thank you
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    @Herman Theodorus I will get this handled for you Herman, and will have a forum agent assist you with this. Feel free to update your thread after the completion of your request so other users with similar requests can view the steps taken :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:
  • antonio meyersantonio meyers Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I need assistance as well.
  • catfixercatfixer Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Have same problem. No sim card in WIFI 500 lte. Main sprint store in area said I need a sprint account to get one.
    Need instructions on getting one from FreedomPop

Thanks