**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

After Lollipop upgrade, my FP phone became a Sprint phone. What can I do to revert back to FP?

Dorothy WongDorothy Wong Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I bought my Galaxy S4 phone originally from groupon and it was a refurb unit. Already registered with FP. I assume I need to go through some process like BYOD to make FP recognizes my phone again. The phone number shown on the setting was probably the original owner phone number.

Answers

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dorothy Wong All you need to do is download the FreedomPop Messaging app and the My FreedomPop App, and the FreedomPop Voicemail app if you use that. The number shown is your MDN and not your real number :)
  • weanutweanut Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Ali would i be able to upgrade my s3?
    @weanut Of course, updating should have no problem. The only things you really need is just the FreedomPop apps from Google Play and that's it :)
  • Mary StephensMary Stephens Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    What is MDN number that the phone info shows as "My Phone Number"?
  • douglas beerdouglas beer Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie
    edited August 2015 #6
    I upgraded my phone and it works great! But when I reboot my phone it comes up with the Sprint logo instead of the FreedomPop logo now. Is there a way I can get the FreedomPop logo back?
    Post edited by douglas beer on
    @Mary Stephens That number is known as your Mobile Data Username. It's there since FreedomPop does not use that for calling and is like a "placeholder" so that your data services will work.

@douglas beer Unfortunately that will require a FreedomPop ROM to be flashed. I'd say it's much better to have an updated OS vs a logo on the splash screen :)
  • douglas beerdouglas beer Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie
    Agreed! I just miss it...;)