**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

I just received my MIFI 500 LTE from FreedomPop, do I need a USB wifi adapter to connect my PC to it

I'm a noob when it comes to wireless modems and routers. I just received a MIFI 500 LTE from FreedomPop, and I'm not sure I can connect to it with my PC without an ethernet cable. But there is no ethernet jack on the MIFI.

Do I need a USB WIFI adapter or something? Thanks for any help. I am currently using a FreedomPop Hub Burst to connect to the internet with my PC.

Comments

• Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @William Torrealba There are two ways you can connect the MIFI 500 to your computer.
    1) Attach a USB cable between your MIFI 500 and computer
    2) Connect to your computer via wifi using a wifi adapter on your computer.

You can also use a network bridge or wifi extender to attach your MIFI 500 to your computer using a network patch cable. But, extenders and bridges are on the pricey side ($100 - $200) if you compare them to the cost of a USB wireless adapter ($10 - $40).
  • William TorrealbaWilliam Torrealba Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks to your reply, Richard, I connected the MiFi to my computer with the USB cable it came with.

Thanks for getting me up-and-running with my brand-new MiFi 500 LTE from FreedomPop :)