**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

BOOM

Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 633 ✭✭✭
For those of you who live in the in an nTelos coverage area this announcement means we are finally getting LTE.

Shentel Communications has agreed to buy nTelos wireless and has decided to accelerate the expansion of the 4G LTE

Currently if you live in an area covered by nTelos. The company currently provides coverage for Sprint customers as if they had native cell towers in the area, and the reverse is also true. However Sprint customers currently don't have access to the LTE provided by nTelos. With this new acquisition that is expected to take as little as six months to complete, all nTelos services will be re-branded under the Sprint name.

What does this mean for FreedomPop customers in the area?

Well for starters we should finally be getting LTE coverage and not be forced to use 3G all the time. So just a little more patience and some of the problems we have been enduring should go away!

I'm hardly able to contain my excitement!

For further reading go to the website below!

www.WelcometoShentel.com
Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
Tagged:

Comments

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015 #2
    @Ryan Radford +2 What's interesting is nTelos apparently offers a 100% free unlimited talk and text plan with 500MB of data.

EDIT:Nevermind, they charge access fees!
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 633 ✭✭✭
    The thing about this merger that I forgot to mention is that the nTelos brand and plans are going away as the transition completes

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

• weanutweanut FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    sounds great, 4g is awesome! good for you & those in your area.
  • Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ryan Radford +2 Plans will still be grandfathered though
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 633 ✭✭✭
    Will the price of service change?
    nTelos customers will be transitioned to comparable Sprint plans with comparable pricing but will be put on a Sprint plan at the end of their contract or when they upgrade their phone.

Here is the thing that most people realize about grandfathered plans, and this applies to prepaid as well. The company is under no obligation to allow you to keep the plans they no longer offer, unless you are still under contract. After that expires they can force you to move to another rate plan. Most don't because it's bad for business, but they will make it harder to justify you keeping that plan.

Take the recent AT&T throttling case, while they didn't break any rules in regards to the practice of throttling and still aren't as long as they don't prioritize their services over competing services, and can still throttle as long as they throttle the whole connection.

What AT&T is accused of being of guilty of is violating a 2010 rule that states that a carrier must be completely honest and forthcoming with all prices, taxes, fees, and, connection policies.

There are several complaints that they did not properly notify customers of throttling practices, and that is what the $100 million dollar fine was for.

But in the end that's just one example of how this industry works.

I have my own disagreements with how the FCC operates, in regards to how these people get the position in the first place and how much power over the industry and the rules they create.

Of course in my opinion unlimited means unlimited, now with that said I don't mind throttling if there is heavy congestion on the network and that throttling stops once the network becomes more stable.

This of course is my own understanding of how things are and if you disagree with anything I've said please don't hesitate to have the discussion with me. I welcome it.

• .Gabe S4   SIM Last day 14th.Gabe S4 SIM Last day 14th FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    Can a phone activated on ntelos be brought to Freedompop?