No 3G/4G access and Network is Not Available Errors

Vincent  DeFabis Vincent DeFabis Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Can't get ahold of tech support over the phone. Is there someone on this forum that can help explain why data services suddenly ceased? Not over on data or minutes. Thanks.

Comments

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @[email protected].com
    I cannot say why, but if
    1. you have at least 100MB in the account and
    2. 2. no billing errors noted on the account webpages (use a browser)

...then the first thing I would do is Update Profile and Update PRL. If that does not work, try a carrier reset.

On Android 4+ use:
    Settings->More->System Updates->Update Profile
    Settings->More->System Updates->Update PRL

http://support.freedompop.com/FreedomPhone/56687775/Carrier-Reset.htm
    For MSL, if your phone is a Sprint-branded BYOD phone, you can check here:
    http://www.freedompop.com/acct_device.htm
    MSL should be listed under MAC ID.

(Note1: Back up your data as this can potentially erase your phone)
    (Note2: Make sure your phone is fully charged and plugged in before starting)
    (Note3: If you lost any data then please re install the My FreedomPop app and the FreedomPop Messaging app.)

• Vincent  DeFabis Vincent DeFabis Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Tried the carrier reset, update profile, and reboot many times.

At this point I need to figure out how to get the device released and account cancelled. FP charged my card over a week ago and has not applied the payment to my account. Still unable to use phone or data. Can't get ahold of anyone in customer service. Waiting on hold for over 30 minutes and nobody ever answers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    @[email protected].com I apologize for the delay in response. I reviewed your account and was able to see that your service resumed earlier today, can you please attempt to use your device and let me know if everything is working now. Thank you!
  • Vincent  DeFabis Vincent DeFabis Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    It's working now, but I still want to take my business to another provider. This whole concept of having to have an app in order to make or receive calls is convoluted and as the last couple weeks have proven, unreliable.

Additionally, my card was charged $5.99 but I do not see FreedomPop giving me that credit. I would like that refunded. It should not take over a week to post a payment to my account.

I emailed in a request for cancellation on Saturday, received an email that I would get a response within 24 hours, and here we are on Wednesday and I'm back on the forum because this is the only way to get any attention.

Please release the device from the network so that I can take it to another provider. I will be porting my number, so do not release that.

Thank you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Hello @Vincent DeFabis I will be happy to have a forum agent assist you with your request. Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :3