What plans are available with BYOD?

Paul OroszPaul Orosz Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I would like to use a Samsung Galaxy S II with FreedomPop's BYOD option. I when reading the FAQ on FreedomPop.com I found a page that says data plans can only be activated with phones purchased from FreedomPop. (http://www.freedompop.com/faq_answer.htm?categoryId=21040281&categoryTitle=Getting Started&articleId=26679113)

Is that page out of date or is there a limitation on the plans one can use with a BYOD phone? Can one still get the basic plan (200 minutes, 500 texts and 500 MB data) for free with a BYOD phone?

Are there any other limitations or differences between a BYOD phone versus one purchased from FP?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Paul Orosz‌ the same plans apply to all phones. There are specials for new accounts though that are not available to current open accounts. The difference between byod and FP phones is what phones are available. I believe FP only has three or 4 phones they sell. But check back and see if someone else has offered more info later!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Paul - I apologize for the confusion. I will make sure the FAQ is updated to reflect BYOD devices. All of the phone plans offered to new customers are the same for devices purchased from FreedomPop as well as BYOD.
  • Paul OroszPaul Orosz Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you for the clarification!
This discussion has been closed.