Geek- Kyocera Hydro Icon Deal- FAQs

FreedomPopFreedomPop Posts: 142 admin
edited August 2015 in Archived Discussions #1
Here are some FAQs for the deal posted on Geek. Hope they help!

What is the deal?
A Kyocera Hydro Icon LTE Phone for $39.99. You’ll be getting a one-month free trial of the Unlimited Talk & Text plus 1GB of LTE data. This plan normally costs $19.99/month.

You are always welcome to downgrade to the 100% Free Plan, which consists of 200 Voice Minutes, 500 Text Messages, and 500MB of 4G LTE/3G data. Downgrading can be performed directly on your online account page or on your phone.

What networks does it use?
The Kyocera Hydro Icon is able to connect to Sprint’s 4G LTE and 3G networks. It can also connect via WiFi.

What's special about this phone?
The Kyocera Hydro Icon is waterproof up to 1 meter.

What if I need more data while on the Free Plan?
When you approach your monthly data limit, you have the option to either have your data service suspended for the remainder of the month, or continue usage on a pay-as-you-go basis. Each additional megabyte of data used beyond your original allotment will cost $0.02 per MB.

If I’m on the Free Plan, what happens if I need more Minutes and Texts?
When you reach your monthly limit of 200 Minutes and 500 Text Messages, your phone service will suspend itself. If you wish to have more Minutes and Texts, you would need to upgrade to a higher plan.

Can I port my existing number over to FreedomPop?
Yes, you can port your number. There is a one-time cost of $9.99 to Port your number.

What kind of coverage do I need? What network do you use?
The Kyocera Hydro Icon requires a data connection in order to send/receive calls and texts messages. The data connection can include WiFi, 4G LTE, or 3G. To check coverage, visit http://www.freedompop.com/coverage3g4g and be sure to select the 4G LTE and 3G boxes. Connecting to any local WiFi network works too!

How about app updates?
The FreedomPop Development Team is constantly working to improve all aspects of our phone service, ranging from battery life to latency. As a result, we will release updates to our Messaging App that will increase the overall quality. In order to take advantage of these improvements, you would need to update the FreedomPop Messaging App in the Google Play Store.

Customer Support:
Email is probably the best way to reach us (support@freedompop.com) or our Community Forum (http://forums.freedompop.com). If you absolutely must speak to us, you can call (888) 743-8107 (M-F 9am-5pm PDT).
Post edited by Jorge on
This discussion has been closed.