iPhone 5 from Verizon

tlman12tlman12 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I'm trying to use an iPhone 5 from Verizon to activate a FreedomPop account but it tells me device can not be activated at this time. I can't figure out why and I can't seem to find anything on the forums specifically about the Verizon iPhone 5 compatibility. I would think technologically it would be compatible because it was a global phone.

also the phones contract was fully satisfied and has not been active on the Verizon account for over a year.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Hello @tlman12 I will have a forum agent assist you on this issue. Feel free to update your thread after the completion of your request so other users with similar requests can view the steps taken :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :3
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015 #3
    @tlman12 Unfortunately you are not able to activate the Verizon iPhone 5 at this time.
  • tlman12tlman12 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Is that a technological issue or a device issue? and will I ever be able to add it?
  • tlman12tlman12 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I also have an XV6700 device would that work?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tlman12 Unfortunately your Verizon XV6700 will not work. The issue is that devices for BYOD are required to be from Sprint, if they aren't then they won't work.
  • Ron LTE VOICE SIMRon LTE VOICE SIM Posts: 263FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer ✭✭✭
    @tlman12 There is an option to flash the device to an alternate CDMA service (people usually take Verizon to Boost or Virgin Mobile, but FP is the same type of flashing, so it may be possible) but you can probably do something much simpler with the iPhone 5 - list the VZW version for sale (you'll get more for it than a used Sprint model) and then use those funds to purchase a clean ESN Sprint model.

The radios in the Sprint version will work better with FP and you'll come out ahead in the cash department as well.