**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

MiFi 4082 Connects but that is it, need FP Agent Help

MiFi 4082MiFi 4082 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 32
It has been working great up to last billing cycle (JUL 20). After that I was saving Data for use on vacation (AUG 6). But ended up not using it. When I tried to use it when got home it connects (I can connect via it's wifi and access MiFi.mlp Landing Page) but when I try to access internet via browser or app it does not connect (it starts to.) The Signal shows as Excellent, and 56mps and I have the Solid Blue 4G light. My Data usage is showing that I am using small amounts of data when I try to connect and the Landing Page shows data use as well. Is there something blocking me from FreedomPop's end?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Hello @Sprinter MiFi4082 I took a look at your account and everything is in good standing, you can attempt a hard reset on your device. I have provided the instructions below.

You may need to perform a Master Reset on your device. The master reset button is accessed through an opening labeled “RESET” on the back cover of the device. You need a paperclip or similar object to press the button.

To reset both the router hardware and the device software to the original factory settings:
    1. Make sure your device is powered on.
    2. Remove the back cover and locate the opening on the back of the device labeled “RESET.”
    3. Insert a paper clip into the hole and hold the button down for six seconds until the LED goes out. The LED color will vary depending on the status of the device when you reset it.

Your list of wireless networks will now show the original default network when you first configured your device (Sprint_Mifi_4082 or something similar to that). Connect to your device again (default WiFi password is "freedompop") and reconfigure it. You'll need to go through the setup wizard -- once this is complete you should have no issues.

If you cannot connect to the device via WiFi, then you must connect using any micro USB cord. Attach the cord to your device and computer, then type mifi.mlp or 192.168.1.1 into your browser. Make sure you are disconnected from any other networks when you do this. Once this is entered into the address bar, hit the enter key and you should be directed to the setup wizard in the device utility.

You will need to use the original password (“admin”) to complete the setup in the device utility.
  • Leo ChengLeo Cheng FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    I have a 4082 as well and I see that it is connected to 4G but I get no access to the net. When I try to browse it states no 3G active. I have hard reset the device. Updated PRL. Update Profile. but nothing has resolved the issue. Any further suggestions? I would like to use the box but it's useless to me right now.
  • UdayaShankar UdayaShankar FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 10
    Freedom Spot - 4G/3G MiFi (NOV-MIFI4082-P01) -Kindly ship USB cable to connect MIFI and Computer or Laptop.
  • djinksdjinks FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015 #5
    @UdayaShankar
    Are those supposed to ship with a cable? I am surprised. None or my Photons came with a cable. I did not expect them to have one either. You can probably get one easier at Walmart or Target.
  • UdayaShankar UdayaShankar FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 10
    not Photons
    MIFI4082, ODP , Tri ...
  • Rodrigo MasangyaRodrigo Masangya FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    Hi, I bought my mifi 4082 3 months ago but i could not connect to the internet. I tried it again and its giving me this error "Activation failed. Please call Sprint Customer Care at 866 581 9266 for assistance." I called that number then the customer service person gave me a number to call but that number does not work. Help please. thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    @Leo Cheng @Rodrigo Masangya Hello,

I apologize for the delay in response, I would be ore than happy to have a forum agent take a closer look into your accounts. Feel free to update your thread after the completion of your request so other users with similar requests can view the steps taken :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email. :3
  • David KraftDavid Kraft FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Hi, I bought my mifi 4082 several months ago but i could not connect to the internet. After finally "upgrading to 3g" it worked for a while but then went Dormant. Customer service told me to reset it, I tried it again and its giving me this error "Activation failed. Please call Sprint Customer Care at 866 581 9266 for assistance." I called that number then the customer service person gave me a number to call but that number does not work. Help please. thanks