**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Inactive account procedure

Peter MoyPeter Moy FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
I had my usb device inactivated for no activity (why?, the account was paid and up-to-date), and the entire procedure for re-activating the Freedompop account and resetting the profile on the Sprint/SmartView side was a small nightmare.

Sprint tells you nothing about the cause of the problem (631 error, device disconnected unexpectedly), and FP doesn't do much better (until I logged into FP.com, I had no idea things were amiss.)

My point?: this could be better and easier on the customer.

Comments

• Robert ZimmermanRobert Zimmerman FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 95
    The FreedomPop Service Plan, Equipment, and Payment Terms spell out the time required for a device to go inactive in the section Active and Suspended Broadband and Phone Service:

"Your Broadband Service becomes inactive after 30 days of Broadband Service activity under the 5mb threshold or if you fail to pay any fees for the Broadband Service and Value Added Services when due."

There are a few more possibilities listed in the service terms as well, such as having a valid payment method (with sufficient balance) attached to the account at all times, so they are worth a read if your device was not deactivated for inactivity.
  • Peter MoyPeter Moy FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Robert Z, I am not disputing the terms of the service plan, but, rather, the implementation.

Why is the only way I find out about an inactivated device is thru a popup when I log into fp.com?

What I'm looking for is for someone from FreedomPop to say: "yeah, good point, sorry about that, I'll bring that problem up at our next design and current problems meeting."