**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

What does this service offer?

Ahsan QureshiAhsan Qureshi FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
I currently bought the Kyocera Hydro Icon and received it today. I'm a little confused as to what the plans have to offer as far as service goes. If you get unlimited "Voice" and texts and 1GB data with a monthly subscription and I'm assuming this service only works through WiFi or data only. Why advertise unlimited voice when it does not work via cellular towers like a regular phone even though it shows service bars that are obtained via Sprint. What was not advertised was that FreedomPop is voip service? What's the difference if I use Viber, Tango, or Whatsapp calling which are also free through WiFi other than not having data? If I did not have a subscription, it entitles me to limited voice and text, how does that work in tracking what I use in talk time or texts if I use Wifi? Through data? My phone currently has a different number displayed from what I have registered. I have tried to MSL reset device and have done PRL and profile update but the number is still different on "about phone" section and service only works with data or WiFi as I thought. How do I go about getting "unlimited" talk and text with premium voice active?

Best Answer

Answers

• djinksdjinks FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015 #3
    @Ahsan Qureshi

Voice minutes and texts over wifi also count against your plan limit. Data over wifi does not count against your plan data limit. The phone number shown on the device is for connection to Sprint only, not for voice calls. You must install and use the FreedomPop Messaging app to use your FP assigned number.
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 633 ✭✭✭
    Alright this service is VoIP, but unlike viber and the others they give you the data to use the service. Since you preformed a factory reset you'll have to re download the FreedomPop Messaging app from the Play store.

The number in the about phone is an MDN or Mobile Data Number, it's to provide you with Data Service only and not to make phone calls.

Premium Voice is an extra service that will give you between 200 minutes or 500 minutes regular 2g cellular minutes depending on what plan you are in. For the unlimited voice plans. It also costs $3.99 a month or if you have it in the bundled services included in the Premium Plus which includes Visual Voice Mail, Data Roll Over, and tethering for $5.99 a month (less than half of what they'd cost if you purchased them separately)

Once you get the Messaging application reinstalled you'll see your FreedomPop number assigned to you, and that is the application for voice and texts tracking for using this service.

Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salam @Ahsan Qureshi, welcome to FreedomPop!

Like already mentioned, the minutes given do not count against your data plan at all. The voice is also HD voice too so it's going to be high quality regardless.

You can downgrade your data plan and connect with Freedom Friends too to get 1GB monthly all for free, saving you $20 monthly.