**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

switching from textnow

BarntjBarntj Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
I was wondering if the text now phone which is a moto g 1st gen had to be active 12 months prior to bringing to freedompop. Also does tge phones monthly service have to be completed inorder to switch? When i tried checking the meid it said i currently use it.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015 #2
    @Barntj
    In general, all BYOD phones must be deactivated on their current service before they will appear as available for activation on another Sprint MVNO. I do not know the textnow service. Is that phone Sprint-branded? Only Sprint- or FreedomPop-branded phones are allowed.

• BarntjBarntj Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes according to the freedom pop website you can purchase a phone from them and it should work on here. Thanks for your answer.
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Barntj
    All FreedomPop-branded phones, even those purchased from a third party should be eligible. If purchased from a private individual, please confirm the phone is not still identified as active in the system.
  • Wendy CrossgroveWendy Crossgrove Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    How do I confirm that it is not still identified as active? If it is, what can I do about it?