Unable to make wi-fi phone calls. Message: "Unable to complete request. Currently unable to register

Howard BernsteinHoward Bernstein Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I have a Samsung GALAXY S II.

I try to make a call via available wifi and I get message "Unable to complete request. Currently unable to register with FreedomPop server under this Wi-Fi configuration. Please try again or turn off wi-fi." Trying again does not help.

I did all suggested updates of messaging app and settings. Still no dice.

I ran the FreedomPop Diagnostic fix for "I do not have an cellular internet connection." When I complete that and the phone reboots, the phone either tries and fails calling via wi-fi, or just skips it and tries a 3G call.

All help welcomed!

Comments

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Howard Bernstein
    Can you use your browser on wifi? If not, then there is something wrong with your (home?) wifi setup. Try free wifi in another place, like Starbucks to confirm the problem is not with your home router.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Howard Bernstein Please go to the app settings, and the fourth options panel, and check "Use Random Ports"
  • Howard BernsteinHoward Bernstein Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    djinks said:

@Howard Bernstein
    Can you use your browser on wifi? If not, then there is something wrong with your (home?) wifi setup. Try free wifi in another place, like Starbucks to confirm the problem is not with your home router.

Thanks for you reply.
    I should have mentioned that I have no problems using the browser on wifi.

Ali said:

@Howard Bernstein Please go to the app settings, and the fourth options panel, and check "Use Random Ports"

Thanks for offering this idea. Alas, "Use Random Ports" was already checked. Any other ideas? Is this the most appropriate category to post this issue?

I should have mentioned that I am able to successfully send and receive texts, though I don't know if this is relevant.
  • te374te374 Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    I frequently get this message as well over wi-fi and have been unable to find a solution. I think it would help out if FreedomPop deployed a diagnostic app that would give specific error codes/messages rather than a general "unable to register."
  • karlderdmannkarlderdmann Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie

I should have mentioned that I am able to successfully send and receive texts, though I don't know if this is relevant.

did you do something, or did texts/voice just start working? having same issue. ty

did you do something, or did texts/voice just start working? having same issue. ty