**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Possible water damage

64user64user FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 128
I used my Icon for a few hours in the pool over the weekend. Since then there are bubbles appearing in the white lit up buttons at the bottom of the screen.

Maybe they will go away with time. The phone doesn't seem to have any other issues; in fact I'm typing this on it.

Comments

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @64user Hey there, that could be one of two things. The first could be water trapped in the buttons, the second could be a bad backlight at the bottom.

What you can do is put the phone under a heat lamp for an hour while it's in a plastic bag full of packets of Silica gel or rice. This saved my iPhone 5 last year (but it needed a new screen lol, this doesnt sound bad).

If you don't have a heat lamp, any old lava lamp will do, they get as hot. Rice is a good alternative to silica gel but silica gel is really effective. They're found in packaging of most products, like lamps, shoes, bags, purses, and some electronics.
  • 64user64user FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 128
    Hello @Ali ,
    I pulled the back cover off, and found water in the battery cavity. I will have to dry it out.

I found that some of the tabs on the back cover are broken. This is the second one of these phones I have with broken tabs on the back cover. I guess this phone really isn't safe to use in the water after all.
  • Daniel2                                           Daniel2 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 13
    @ali, @64user: I wouldn't risk using the phone in the pool or under water without a special cover. I believe the phone specifications are only that it is water-resistant to 3 feet of water, so I don't think this means that you can use the phone under water. I think it means that if you get your phone wet, that it will be okay if you turn it off and then dry it out. (I would use a hair dryer.)

I received my Kyocera Hydro Icon with one of the tabs "bent over." The tab was not broken, just bent over! I just opened up the back cover, bent the tab inward/down like all the other tabs, and then reinstalled the back cover making sure all the tabs go into the designated sockets on the phone. All is well!