Transferring Photon from one account to another?

zenpunkzenpunk Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
My friend is planning on cancelling her freedompop service and said she would give me her photon since I lost mine. Will I able to put her photon on my account? I'd rather not start a new account and lose all my freedom friends or have to use a different email. Will freedompop charge me a fee to do that? Should she completely cancel her account first or is there another way?

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

Answers

• Adam NibeckAdam Nibeck Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
    she does not need to cancel her account. But as of now BYOD devices are not able to be activated on a current account you may have. You need a new account. And you must call in to activate device, so they can clear current user from the device.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @zenpunk‌ you need help on this from Taylor.But she should cancel her account do to otherwise being charged fees, unless she is on the freebe plans. Still it just makes more sense for both of you. You will need to reactivate, with new email,if your current email is on another FP account. One account per device. But do pm @Taylor‌ to see if he can help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @zenpunk - I will need the device MAC ID to further assist you, could you provide it please? Thank you.
  • zenpunkzenpunk Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    @Taylor The MAC ID is 00:1E:31:4B:38:63
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Zenpunk - Thanks for the info. The easiest thing to do would be for me to unassign and cancel the current account. After that all you need to to is go to FreedomPop.com/activate and enter the MAC ID to set up your own account. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
    Okay, so you're saying that we would cancel the account that the device is currently on, and also cancel my own account, and then set up a new account with the device? I would need to pay an activation fee?
    @Taylor Sorry I've been a bit busy. go ahead and do that.
    @Taylor Thank you Taylor, everything appears to be working fine now.
This discussion has been closed.