**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Phone has trouble finding LTE from no service or 3g

Robert  Rathbun IIRobert Rathbun II Posts: 54FreedomPop Newbie
I noticed my Nexus 5 will find 3g OK when coming back into service. However when I get back to lte service, the phone will not find the tower unless I switch it to airplane mode or reboot it. Has anyone experienced this? I tried updating the PRL but the problem is still there. It is annoying because I do a lot of mapping.

Comments

• Bradley BurcarBradley Burcar Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    I had a similar problem. This resolved my issue:

I had the same problem (no data at all using cellular network) after updating my unrooted Nexus 5 to Android 5.1.1 using the OTA update (build LMY48I), but managed to solve it using these steps:

Type star#star#4636#star#star in the phone dialer. You will see a rather messy dialog "Phone info".
    Tap the three dots in the upper right corner and tap "Enable data connection".
    This fixed the issue for me.

• tonypreeth@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Brad you R awesome!!!! :+1:
  • temp4temp4 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I second that! Brad, this fixed my recent problem with Nexus 5 with (old) Android 5.1. It recently stopped being able to get 3G service and this seems to have fixed the problem. One can only hope.