**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Voice volume is not high enough

Ting LiTing Li FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 25
when using the phone's default "Phone" app to make or receive calls, the voice volume is not high enough even at the maximum volume, and I have trouble hearing the other person clearly, unless I turn on the speaker. Is it normal?

Comments

• Robert ZimmermanRobert Zimmerman FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 95
    You can try downloading the Earpiece app from Google Play. I'm not sure if it will work for the Hydro Icon because of the unusual speaker, but it's worth a try.

You can also try flattening the screen against your ear (or the side of your head) a little more than you normally would. Because the whole screen vibrates, it should increase call clarity a bit via bone conduction.
  • Ting LiTing Li FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 25
    Is the low volume normal,or a defect?
    is the low volume voice normal, or a device defect?
  • weanutweanut FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    @Ting Li i just got my hydro icon today. the default maximum volume also seemed low to me, but if you go to device sound settings, at the bottom of the list there is a setting called 'hearing aid', when i checked it, i actually had to turn the volume down :) i've never seen that before!
    weanut said:

@Ting Li i just got my hydro icon today. the default maximum volume also seemed low to me, but if you go to device sound settings, at the bottom of the list there is a setting called 'hearing aid', when i checked it, i actually had to turn the volume down :) i've never seen that before!

Thanks. That makes the problem less problematic.