Questions about the new MMS service

Gregory VernonGregory Vernon Posts: 141FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
First, lemme say that I'm excited about the introduction of the MMS service. It's a feature that freedompop has been missing.

OK, on to the questions:

Does freedompop mms support group messaging? Are there plans to support group texts in the future (if not now)?

Is MMS included in the premium plans? A few users say yes but nothing is listed in the plan details so I just want confirmation.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Group messaging currently doesn't work.

I can confirm that picture messaging works with the bundles for the phone.
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/11546/so-with-the-new-mms-service-what-does-that-mean-for-the-bundles#latest
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • Gregory VernonGregory Vernon Posts: 141FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
    @Ryan Radford +2 right.

I guess I'm hoping an admin will chime in. My worry is that they will decide in the future to not include mms in the bundles in the future (like after I signed up, heh).
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Gregory Vernon
    Try Google Hangouts
    @djinks I use Google hangouts.

I made the mistake of porting my number to FreedomPop and then creating a new number for Hangouts. Not everyone knows my hangouts number so I'll still get people contacting me via freedompop. If $6 includes voicemail, data rollover, and MMS that is definitely something all be purchasing (whereas I just buy voicemail service right now). I would rather not be surprised later on that MMS wasn't supposed to be included :)
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Well you can still port your number back out of FreedomPop
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
    @Ryan Radford +2 Ah, I read that on mobile first and just kind of passed over that it was @Jorge M. who answered the question. Sorry! Thanks for your help!