**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Display loops on and off!! Anyone seen this crazy problem before?

I have a SAMSUNG VICTORY 4G LTE and I have a new problem I hoped I might impose upon you experienced Samsung folk. I have the Basic Free Service which I recently upgraded to "Premium Voice". I must say the phone works beautifully and the Premium Voice (includes Visual Voicemail) is an excellent upgrade for me.

My new and current problem is quite unusual, I suspect, and I hope someone has encountered it before: Immediately after I have either partially charged or fully charged my phone and then have disconnected the charger, an odd event starts to happen - the display pops on all by itself without my having keyed it awake. After a brief minute (that's the time delay I have set for display to go off when there's no activity) the display turns off by itself as expected. However, within 5-15 seconds it pops back on automatically. If I don't turn the display off manually and just let it sit, the display will time out after the minute delay but then once again within that 5-15 second time period it just pops back on!! This loop continues endlessly until I do a cold reboot, remove the battery for a few seconds and then replace it, then power back up. After I do that (cold boot PLUS battery out/in) the endless loop disappears and is gone for good until the next time I charge the phone...then it starts all over once more.

I did try a simple "restart" type boot, but that doesn't do the trick. Even a hard power off boot doesn't work unless I remove the battery and replace it. In fact, when I do such a hard reboot and it seemingly powers down...suddenly a "green battery symbol" lights up the display and cannot be gotten rid of!! (unless I remove/replace the battery).

So...what do you think? Have you heard of this crazy problem before???

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @William Macneill This looks like there's some app with a notification that's causing your phone to wake from sleep. You may want to check the notifications view, if there is anything present you might want to disable the notifications under Settings -> Apps.
  • William MacneillWilliam Macneill Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks...I'll give a look and see what it could be. I did try something like this before and it didn't help, but this time I'll try a little deeper.