New iPad mini pls add to FP database

Bradford LermanBradford Lerman Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
Hi I asked Ali to run a check on my new iPad mini meid. It won't activate on byod. He said its all clear and to post a discussion so somebody could add to Freedompop database and activate for me. Could somebody pls PM me so I can send the MEID privately and get this device activated? Thank you!!

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm, MEID given is 100% clean and has no FEC on it. Locked to Sprint too. Needs to be placed to the /activate funnel for activation to work smoothly.
  • Bradford LermanBradford Lerman Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi I'm hoping a Freedompop rep can pm me soon about this. Thanks!!
  • SentientCouchSentientCouch Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    Good luck with that. The admins here keep telling me to contact Sprint to get it added to the "DNA Database," (whatever that is). The half-dozen reps I've spoken to have no idea what DNA database is, a MVNO is, or what I'm talking about and tell me that I need to buy a tablet from Sprint in order for them to activate it.

So this is a classic case of everybody pointing the finger at everybody else. It's like going to the DMV, I swear.
  • freepopuserfreepopuser Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    what will happened if you do 1 month service with Sprint ? This will push the device in the DNA pool, no ? I guess it's easy to cancel after that and then goto Freedompop. (I also got ipad mini 4 but didn't activate it yet)
  • SentientCouchSentientCouch Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    M=T

what will happened if you do 1 month service with Sprint ? This will push the device in the DNA pool, no ? I guess it's easy to cancel after that and then goto Freedompop. (I also got ipad mini 4 but didn't activate it yet)

This might work, but is prepaid service even available with Sprint tablets? All I can find is contracts with HUGE ETFs.
    I activated it yesterday with Sprint plan for $15/month - 1GB. The process to join Sprint all done from the device (iPad mini 4) under the Settings/Cellular ... During the registration process it asked for SSN because it's a Post Paid account and not Pre Paid.
    I will let it run for a few days before cancel Sprint service and join Freedompop.
    Apple store said the device has Apple SIM card inside. I really hope it will work ok trying to activate it on Freedompop.
    If someone already try this, please give us some details what to expect.
    Thanks.
    so I cancelled the Sprint service after 1 week , and try to activate it today with Freedompop. Got a message: "Sorry your BYOD phone does not qualified..." . Does anyone know what can be done ? Thanks.
  • Brad LermanBrad Lerman Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Just happened to revisit this post and sorry to hear more people haven't had any luck. I wound up returning the new minis I bought from Walmart and purchased directly from freedompop on 9/7. I still do not have them. Best estimate I could get is another 4 weeks. I could not get any guidance on where to purchase new to byod. I guess we just have to keep trying and see if activation will work. @freepopuser I thought of your idea too. No advice but thanks for sharing experience. Maybe it takes a few days for databases to update and yours will work?