Visual Voicemail vs standard voicemail

Mark BlanchetteMark Blanchette Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
Greetings,

Does standard voicemail come with the free cellular service? If not, what happens to calls to devices without the visual voicemail service?

What is the difference between standard voicemail and visual voicemail other than the app?

Comments

• Marc JosephMarc Joseph Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie
    I don't believe there is any standard voicemail. You either pay for visual voicemail or live without voicemail.
  • Stefani WilliamsStefani Williams Posts: 81FreedomPop Newbie
    HERE is the link to the app so you can see some screenshots.

Basically, if someone calls and you cannot/don't answer, the call will go to your voicemail app. You should get some sort of notification that there is a new voicemail (via icon, possibly sound). You can then click on the app, and the voicemail will appear as an audio bar with buttons for play, pause, rewind, ff, etc. It will remain on your phone until you delete, although I think there is a finite amount of space for the number of voicemails that can be stored (but not sure if that is app dependent or phone memory space dependent).

It is pretty straightforward in the sense that you can only do a few things with the app: record your greeting and play/delete your messages.... no multiple greetings, call forwarding or anything of that nature.

The cons however, are that it seems to take quite a few rings to go to voicemail but that might just be my experience. Also, I haven't figured out how to record a greeting without it sounding like it will only do so through speakerphone and/or it is super loud...but again, may just be my personal experience. I have also had intermittent issues with the voicemail cutting the person off / time to leave a message too short, but hopefully that was fixed in the newest update. Otherwise, it does the job adequately.

As far as what happens without the voicemail app? Not sure but I would assume your phone would just ring endlessly? Hope that helps at least a little bit.
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 422FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    @Mark Blanchette - It doesn't seem to be that voicemail is included in the Free Plan, I think it costs $2.50 extra per month...

However, you could always try Google Voice and also use their hangouts app...
    Google Voice gives you you're own phone number for free, and you can pick the number. They also give you unlimited calling and texting (through the Hangouts app) to USA numbers (and I think Canada too).

You should definitely be able to download the Google Voice and Hangouts apps on your FreedomPop phone, and use data / Wi-Fi to make the calls.
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.