Problems dialing out after upgrade to FP Messaging App v18

mwfpo6mwfpo6 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I have an XT897 (Photon Q), which has been working great - at least until I upgraded the FP messaging app to ver 18!

With messaging app v18.x, when I dial a call the phone makes two calls at the same time - one using the Android dialer (via the Sprint voice network) and a second using the Freedompop dialer.

The Freedompop-dialed call connects to the remote party and the Sprint call fails, as you'd expect - so I can hear the remote party (though they can't hear me) with a Sprint error message playing on top (the Sprint message is "The number or code you have dialed is incorrect. Please check the number and try again . Message 7, switch 423").

If I uninstall the FP messaging app - which has the effect of downgrading to v15 - outgoing calls work again, but the app will frequently pop up a message about a "required app update" - the only way to get rid of that is to kill the app when it happens. Kinda annoying.

During all of this, inbound calls work fine, Sprint cellular data works fine, and txt (both in and out) works fine.

FP tech support was no help unfortunately; they kept asking that I do carrier resets, which did nothing since this isn't a carrier problem.

Seems to be a bug in the v18.x messenger app.

Not sure if changing the Android system default dialer (to FP) will help, but I wouldn't mind trying - though I'm not sure how to change the default dialer.

Better yet, hopefully a fixed version of the messaging app will come out to address this.