**PSA** Samsung Galaxy S5 BYOD not activating

Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
A number of users have reported that the Samsung Galaxy S5 is not activating through BYOD. Please be advised that this is a widespread issue and does not have anything to do with the FEC check not clearing since most devices affected don't have an FEC check on them.

At the moment we are looking into this issue and will update with further information and steps to take to remedy your activation issue.

Comments

• GabeGabe Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
    Any news? I am hoping to buy the s5 sometime this week from eBay and I would like to know if I can activate it... Also what steps should I take to make sure it is capable for activation? I know it needs to be sprint, but do I still need a SIM card for it? And if so what kind?
  • Ron LTE VOICE SIMRon LTE VOICE SIM Posts: 263FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer ✭✭✭
    My HTC One Max failed the check yesterday, but then we tried something a bit different to activate it...

Normally, you would enter the IMEI HEX number on the device and it would give you a pass or fail on the BOYD screen. Mine was giving me a fail.

I went back in after the third try and entered the IMEI DEC instead. It then asked me for the UICC ID (which is the SIM card number - which most phones can find in their settings menus.) This was the first time it had asked me for the UICC number. So I entered it and it accepted the device - no financial check needed.

I wonder with the newer devices if they are programmed into the Sprint MVNO system under the DEC/UICC numbers instead of the old HEX numbers. Can someone try this with their S5 and see if it works for you as well?
  • Nichbenj Nichbenj Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    @Ron Hotmail - GS3 I tried both numbers many times and have not gotten anywhere. i am still waiting for a fix to this for the samsung s5. I still have no idea when to expect this to work with BYOD.
  • willmott3willmott3 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    i finally bought sprint s5 after months of waiting and then THIS ....sad :(
  • flynnflynn Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    As of 10/22/2015, ebay has a FreedomPop Galaxy S5 on sale for $279.99, which suggests that FreedomPop now supports this device (previous posts stated they didn't). My FreedomPop S4 died after 6 months and I need to pick up a replacement fast. Question: Should I buy this Galaxy S5 (with the familiar FreedomPop screen & apps)?
  • Wade BuchananWade Buchanan Posts: 62FreedomPop Newbie
    I just saw the deal on eBay also. It is NewEgg that is selling these. There was a deal posted here not long ago that is already sold out/ended. But it appears that NewEgg still has some of these to sell. I just took a chance and placed an order for one of the S5's. They appear to have both the Black and White models listed on eBay. Since these are already flashed and known by FP I assume we should have no issues activating these on FP. That is the safest/least stressful way to get one of these on FP. If you BYOD it seems to be very spotty if you can get it approved to activate. So I am glad @flynn posted about eBay deal. So I decided to take the jump... I have a FP GS3 that I like, and am looking forward to trying the S5.
  • Appsotutely IncAppsotutely Inc Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I've also got a Samsung S5 that I was able to activate on Ting. Any updates on why it won't work on FreedomPop?
  • James ChristopherJames Christopher Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer
    Any updates ?
  • Jack HobbsJack Hobbs Posts: 34FreedomPop Newbie
    I was interested in a Freedompop Samsung Galaxy S5 until I saw this.
    Has this issue been resolved??
  • James ChristopherJames Christopher Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer
    Wow ! still nothing ._.
This discussion has been closed.