**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Used Phone No SIM

Adam HagenAdam Hagen Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
I'm looking at used phone listings and most of them say "NO SIM." How do I activate a phone here with the SIM card removed? For example, the HTC One M7, LG G2, Galaxy S3, etc.

Comments

• Adam HagenAdam Hagen Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Any help would be nice
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @Adam Hagen When purchasing a used phone to activate on FP the first thing you need to do is be sure the phone is CDMA capable. FP uses the Sprint network which is a CDMA system. GSM only phones (aka AT&T or T-Mobile phones) will not work on FP.

Next to your SIM card question. For CDMA phones that do have a sim card the sim is for connecting to the 4G data system. If you do get a CDMA phone without a sim card (which is usually rare) you can pick up a cheap one at either a Sprint or Ting store.

Of the phones you listed the only one I can speak of with any certainty is the galaxy S3. The Sprint version of the Galaxy S3 does not have a sim slot. The sim card for this phone is integrated on the phones motherboard.

Hope this helps