**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Activate SG4 Triband SPH-L720T BYOD

fairthomas fairthomas Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
Hello! I have read that this phone isn't the easiet to activate, so I will be patient. I purchased it only days before the SG4s from freedopop went on sale. If only I had waited! But here it is, and its a sweet phone! I am not getting past validating the MEID. I will add further info in the following comments:

Answers

• fairthomas fairthomas Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    edited August 2015 #2
    I did call Sprint and they confirmed that there is no outstanding balance. I also managed to get them to unlock the phone for me, and they gave me an "unlock code". I gather that this "unlock code" is the same as the MSL number? Or perhaps it is the SPC number?

I did update the phone to Lollipop, 5.01. I have come across some information that this might have been a mistake, that the apps or such are not supported on Lollipop, but I didn't know this before I upgraded. I am willing and able to install any ROM that would make it possible for me to activate. I've installed several different ROMs on my old phone (a Motorola Triumph).

I have installed the FreedomPop apps. The diagnostic app seems to work but doesn't report anything unexpected. MyFreedomPop crashes almost immediately after attempting to login. The phone and messaging app asks me to select an international calling plan, and when I try to select the free plan it gives me an error. I cannot send a message or make a call with the phone and messaging app.

Please help! I am eager to get this phone activated and perhaps become an Ambassador if I can recommend my experience.

Thanks for your attention!
    Post edited by fairthomas on
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    You can call into activations and get them to do it for you.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop

You can call into activations and get them to do it for you.

Ok thanks! I was going to do that tomorrow. No weekend phone support, apparently.
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    They are open on the weekends, from 9AM - 5PM PST, only I've been told that management doesn't work on the weekends.

For those of you living on the East Coast that's 12PM - 8PM EST 7 days a week.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
    I've just spent the last few hours calling back and forth between Sprint and FreedomPop with no success. I'm still not passing the MEID check. Sprint says that yes, this phone had previously been activated on a postpaid account, and that yes I can activate this phone on another carrier, and they again gave me the same unlock code/MSL number. FreedomPop has no good explanation on why I can't pass the MEID check.

Still not ready to give up though, because I haven't been given a good explanation on why this phone can't be activated.
  • Jisheng XieJisheng Xie Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    Can you try validating the MEID on Ring+ and Ting? If Sprint is right, those two places will pass the MEID check, so the result will tell you more...

Can you try validating the MEID on Ring+ and Ting? If Sprint is right, those two places will pass the MEID check, so the result will tell you more...

Thanks for your response. Neither Ring+ nor Ting validate the MEID either. Why would Sprint tell me its ok when it is not?
    edited September 2015 #9
    I contacted the original owner and they say the phone was active for over a month and hasn't been active since April, so that shouldn't be the problem. I am still waiting to hear some advice or explanation from someone on this forum who isn't a "Newbie".
    Post edited by fairthomas on
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 719FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    If it does not clear R+ or Ting, then it is flagged for some reason. Sprint will not be able to help you with that. What error did you get on Ting?

If it does not clear R+ or Ting, then it is flagged for some reason. Sprint will not be able to help you with that. What error did you get on Ting?

The error that Ting gives is:"Sprint says there's an unpaid balance associated with it."

But the original owner, and Sprint, say that there is not.
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Ali
    Can you help fairthomas with this?