Voicemail Violation

Sean G.Sean G. Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
TO: FP Customers
I received a voicemail text, it was an advertisement to signup for voicemail, but it was saying that someone had already left a voicemail.
A google voice call was intercepted by FP's voicemail system,
The problem I do not subscribe to FP's voicemail service, but they intercepted and recorded the call anyways, preventing google voice from providing my voicemail service.
FP's Solution: subscribe to voicemail service for access to voicemail recordings?

I've removed FP as a forwarding number from google voice to prevent any new calls from being intercepted without permission.

"System message:This person left you a voicemail. To listen, sign up for voicemail service here: http://fpop.co/...."

TO: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Please provide a valid reason for enabling voicemail recordings on an account without a voicemail service subscription, and then leveraging that unauthorized recording as advertisement to force signup for your voicemail service.
I cannot listen to that voicemail without subscribing to your voicemail service.
I will not subscribe to services through use of extortion.

If you record a voicemail for the customer's benefit and they do not subscribe to voicemail, you should not restrict access to that message until the customer subscribes to your voicemail service.

You are intercepting calls not intended for your voicemail service and are now extorting customers to subscribe to your voicemail service before providing access to voicemail recordings that you were not authorized to record.

Please stop offering callers a voicemail delivery system for the intended use and purpose of extorting your customers.

Comments

• SchorschiSchorschi Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I just became a customer a couple of weeks ago and this was one of the first disturbing things I noticed.

If I'm not subscribed to Visual Voicemail I am unable to listen to voice mail, yet there is no way to disable voice mail. It is impossible to prevent callers from leaving voice mail messages.

I was on the phone with FreedomPop Technical Support and the guy had me disable the Visual Voicemail app telling me this would disable users from leaving voice mail. Well, I tested it, it doesn't.