**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY
If you have not recently performed a Carrier Reset to your mobile device, we recommend doing so to ensure that your FreedomPop service is operating to its best capability. This does not cause the loss of any information saved on your mobile device. You can find instructions by selecting the following link: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3017/

For additional topics related to your concern, please visit our online Self-Help Knowledge Base at https://support.freedompop.com

Porting a number from Airvoice

kinho chankinho chan FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
I have requested to port my number from Airvoice wireless. It has been a week and I have contacted FreedomPop customer service three times. There has been no reply. What do I do?

Best Answer

Answers

• Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    Did you get the right account info and PIN from Airvoice? It has been a while since I did it myself to another carrier, but I forgot. I remembered it was odd.
  • kinho chankinho chan FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    I double checked with Airvoice (which answered my email within 3 hours) and made sure the information is correct. At FreedomPop, after three attempts to make contact, I still have not received a single reply to my emails.
  • kinho chankinho chan FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    Freedompop finally replied to my emails. It turned out all I needed to do was to put in the number I was porting from Airvoice into the box that asks for "billing phone number". That is counter-intuitive and confusing, but now I know.
  • Daniel2                                           Daniel2 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 13
    @Ryan Radford 2 is right. He said:

I would seriously consider porting to Google Voice instead, that way you don't have to worry about changing carriers

The way I would say it, is
    One you transfer your number to Google Voice, you will never have to worry about changing carriers ever again.
    For example, my Google Voice number is the only number I give out to people. When someone calls my Google Voice number, I have it set up so that it rings my home phone, my work phone, and both of my cell phones which are on two different carriers (for increased reliability of being in contact when I am away from home or work).

The point is, since I have been using my Google Voice number, I have had to change my work phone, my home phone, and replaced my cell phones several times. However, I didn't need to tell anyone about these changes, because they didn't need to know because my Google Voice number is all I need.

Google Voice changes the way you had to give out all your phone numbers in the past. Before Google Voice, you had to give someone your work phone number, your home phone number, and your cell phone number. Then the person trying to reach you may have had to try you first at work, then at home, then on your cell, until they were able to get a hold of you. No longer! When someone calls your Google Voice number, you can set it up to simultaneously ring all your phones when anyone calls it: your home phone, your office phone, and your cell phone(s). Then you can answer whatever phone is most convenient for you when you hear your phone(s) ring. (You can also program via the Google Voice setup page each phone to individually ring on it's own schedule.)

Ultimately, what @Ryan Radford 2 was hinting at, even if your circumstances change, if you change jobs, or you move and get a new home number, or get a new cell phone and change carriers, it won't matter anymore because your one-and-only phone number, your Google Voice phone number, will never change.
  • djinksdjinks FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭
    @Daniel2
    excellent synopsis