Invalid serial number when trying to Byod galaxy s5

morocco119morocco119 Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
Hello I have tried to activate my sprint s5 on freedompop and an error message comes up '' invalid serial number'' I have used an online checker for the imei and it says it's clean and can be activated by ting.

Answers

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @morocco119 Try removing the last digit off the IMEI and try again. You're welcome :)
  • morocco119morocco119 Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Its saying that my phone is not eligible for Byod despite having a clean Imei
  • gezafischgezafisch Posts: 86FreedomPop Newbie

Its saying that my phone is not eligible for Byod despite having a clean Imei

@morocco119
    Use the MEID DEC. That sometimes works when the other ones dont.
    I cannot find the meid dec under my system settings. Weird I remember it being on my note 3 but not on this phone
    I cannot find my MEID DEC under my settings.
    I cannot locate my MEID DEC under my settings
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    The meid will be under settings > about phone > status. Does your model number say sm-g900p? If it doesn't then it's not a sprint device.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
    Its saying it's a Sprint device. I ran a ring plus checker and it says. '' Congratulations, your device (Samsung SAMSUNG G900 BK XCVR SGL SPHG900BK1) will work on RingPlus! You can sign up and activate your device immediately by registering below.'' but if I run it through here the Sam error happens as before.
    sorry about the repeat replies. it seems like on my computer it sends and shows up but on my phone it dosnt appear to send.
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    All posts are sent to a moderation pool, except for those that have been granted the privilege of bypassing that.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop