Getting redirected to "Sprint Activation. 3G is not enabled on your device"

xFPUSERxFPUSER Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
I'm getting redirected to "Sprint Activation. 3G is not enabled on your device" page when I try to access the internet. It was working ok for several months up until today.

When I go to my account status http://www.freedompop.com/acct_usage.htm I see this:

Billing Cycle: 0 days left

Is there something going on with my billing? I've tried two different Credit Cards and they got accepted but the issue is still not resolved. I've been reading on forums that "admin may need to reset your device".

Please advise.

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xFPUSER Please go to your account and visit the URL tinyurl.com/downgrademyfp. Then make sure to do a PRL and Profile update on your device through Settings -> System Update -> Update PRL and Profile
  • xFPUSERxFPUSER Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    When I click to this link I get to this screen:

We are sorry to see you downgrade your plan.

You are about to change your data plan to the following:

Pro 500MB (4G/3G)

I click to "Downgrade Only" button and I get to the next screen which says:

You are already (or scheduled to be) subscribed to this product.

Contact support.

Upgraded PRL and Profile, still the same issue.

I was reading here on forums that Admins may need to reset something on the backend. How do we do that? I can PM my account ID, etc to the Admin. Ali, are you the Admin who can do that?
  • xFPUSERxFPUSER Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    I called support and got to Billing department. My account was "suspended due to running out of allotted data". It's strange as I had 70Mb left out of 500Mb, according to stats page.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,348FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you set top-up off and have less than $2 in credits, the account is suspended when balance of data falls below 100 MB. Because of Sprints delayed reporting of data usage, light users will end with a positive balance and heavy (video watchers) may end with a 1,000 MB or more in deficit. At 2 cents each that can add up to a sizeable surprise pay-as-u-go.
    When month cycles and data is still positive or credit card was good and pay-asyou-go credits are positive, then account resets and all is well.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • S MPS MP Posts: 350FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @xFPUSER

It also sounds like you didn't sign up for any freedom friends. A quick search on the forums should help you add "friends" to get up to an additional 500 megs of data.
    I'm not an employee...only a volunteer. If you need official assistance:

Freedompop Customer Service numbers-(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184---855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518---888) 915-2647--(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm PDT.
  • MaryLou CruzMaryLou Cruz Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm also getting redirected to "Sprint Activation. 3G is not enabled on your device" page when I try to access the internet. It was working ok for several months. I have more than 500mb of data left. I have tried everything! Been on the phone with support level-1 and level-2 tech support. I reset device to factory default; still getting it. Nobody knows why! Any ideas?
  • mlcruz48mlcruz48 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Basically FP support tweeted me that there is nothing more they can do. Ordered a new LTE device. Hope it works better!