**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Data Disappeared?? Was on WiFi all Day!

SphSph Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Started using the phone on Monday August 31, on Saturday, Sept 5th right before going to bed I saw I had only used 4 mg of data in 5 days! I am very careful to only use WiFi and use phone when out for only talk and text. So, again, I had 496 remaining as of almost mid-night on Saturday. I was home ALL day on Sunday and used WiFi only to "google search" some things and download a couple apps (maps and weather). At the end of the day I left the house to visit friend (didn't use the phone while out), and got a text notification within 1 hour of leaving the house that I was within 200 megabytes??? I had not used ANY data all day long as I had been on Wi-Fi at home ALL day long. Now it is showing I have zero data. This really concerns me because I know I did not use any data and now I am NOT able to use my phone for emergencies on the road - which is why I mainly got the phone. I have also already upgraded to premium voice because no one could ever hear me when I was making calls, which premium voice did not seem to help. Can you please help me find out what happened to my data I really do need my phone for safety while I am driving over 70-140 miles. I have emailed twice. Thank you!

Comments

• SphSph Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Update: Still waiting for a response from Freedom Pop regarding this. I sent an email on Tuesday (9/8) and got an automated message "you should expect a response within 24 hours." No response. Sent another email on Wednesday (9/9) and got another automated response "you should expect a response within 24 hours." It is 9/11, so far no email response and no response to my thread dated 2 days ago. I would really like to use service. However, as of right now, it is no better then having an ipod if I can only use it on WiFi. Side note: If there is an "unlimited talk and text plan" (no data), I am wondering why texts stop working outside of WiFi once your data limit has been reached? Why can't I still text over the "network?" I am no sure if calls have stopped outside of WiFi as well. But I have seen the "disclaimer" they will both stop once data has been used.
  • Marc JosephMarc Joseph Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie
    What phone are you using, and what version of android are you running? Anyhow, open your Settings app, then, under Wireless and Network, tap on data usage. This will tell you how much data your phone says you've used. Here you can check which apps have been using the most data. Uninstall any data hogs, if possible. Then, open the Play Store app and check this app's settings. Under Auto Update Apps, make sure that either Do Not Autoupdate or Update over Wifi Only are checked. Otherwise, your phone can be downloading some large data files without you even knowing it.
  • taurusgdtaurusgd Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Lost almost 1 gb of data today via the Messaging app. Don't know what is going on.
    Put in a ticket, i hope they make this right or will have to wait 10 days for new data. I now turned off auto update for future. Suspect defective messaging app. Why else take 900 mb to update the app over course of 2 hours and it was done in the background. Have now disabled that as well. Otherwise FP has been great till this happened.
  • Douglas MorrillDouglas Morrill Posts: 40FreedomPop Newbie
    I added Datally to my phone to make sure apps are not using data on Cell time, you can have total control over all the apps. I now have data roll over so I can build up extra data, up to two G now. I am on wifi almost always, use cell data when texting or calling away from home.