**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

86% Off - Motorola Moto E 2nd Gen -Only $29.99! Limited Time Only!

Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
edited June 2017 in Exclusive Deals #1

Product Features
  • LTE-enabled Smartphone
  • Android 5.0 Lollipop
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 410
  • Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53
  • 4.3 inches touchscreen with 540 × 960 pixel resolution
  • 5 megapixel Camera
  • 8GB internal storage
  • Expandable MicroSD up to 32GB
  • Moto E weighs 5.11oz. and measures 5.11 × 2.63 × 0.48 in.
  • It has a 2390 mAh rechargeable battery
Post edited by Jorge on

Comments

• weanutweanut Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    1 thumb up so far...
  • Jinji DonatoJinji Donato Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I bought one the other day. Took about 2 weeks to arrive. It does not work. I've tried activating it many different ways. Then I contacted freedompop to help resolve the issue and it has now been nearly 24hrs and still no help.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    Hello @Jinji Donato sorry to hear about your current troubles, please feel free to send either me or @Karina Magana a PM along with your account email and the devices MEID :)
  • biscuitsbiscuits Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    why can't i post to the forums?
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 419FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    @biscuits - looks like you can!
    However, there is a delay, so comments can be approved before actually submitted.
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
    Check out the new low price on this SlickDeal guys! :+1:
  • CatherineMcClareyCatherineMcClarey Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    Tanga had been selling the Moto E at $49.99 for quite a while; however, as of today their price had been reduced to just $39.99, including a free powerbank. Here is a link to the deal page.
    I had been thinking about upgrading to a Moto E (or Moto G) for quite a while, but could no longer resist when I saw the reduced price (esp. since I could pay for this with Paypal funds generated from my eBay sales, and thus avoid running up my credit card bill. I decided to pass on the optional case Tanga was selling for the Moto E, though. (I crochet, so I can make sleeves for the family's small electronics quite easily; less "crafty" FreedomPop customers may want to spring the extra $6.50 for the case, though.)
    Check out the latest price drop on this deal!
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    As with everything, this phone costs way more in the UK. Ordinarily, it will cost well over $100, but you can pick up a bargain for $80. A bargain...sheesh!
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
    Check out the lowest price drop for our Moto E Smartphone!
  • sbeireissbeireis Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I have been trying to order this but it will NOT accept my PO Box which is the billing address for my credit card.
  • Robert FesslerRobert Fessler Posts: 34FreedomPop Newbie
    Jorge M said:

@Jorge M Can I successfully use the Global SIM in this phone? I want to use it when I go to Spain soon.

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robert Fessler
    Unfortunately, this phone is currently locked to FreedomPop/Sprint CDMA. To use a phone outside of the states, normally the phone needs to be unlocked and GSM capable. To have this phone unlocked, you would need to use the phone for 6 month with FreedomPop, see support page-

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2139/kw/unlock policy

Once the phone is unlocked, there are users that have claimed they have used this type of phone with the GSM sim. @sign me if you have any other questions

Thanks
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5 Thank you for explaining that. How do find FP phones that are GSM capable?
  • sbeireissbeireis Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Jorge M said:

I have been trying to purchase this phone. Why won't it let me? My Shipping address in a street address but the Credit Card company has my Post Office box for the billing address.

I really want this phone.

Thank you.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sbeireis
    FreedomPop has no way to ship to a PO Box currently. Your going to have to use a home address to purchase one.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    njfulwider5

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

.@sbeireis

If the Po box is the only address your card will use, you may need to use a different card also

@njfulwider5 Thank you for explaining that. How do find FP phones that are GSM capable?

@Robert Fessler
    There is no GSM list currently, the list would be pretty extensive. If you follow these guidelines when looking you will be OK with the phone you decide on.

Must be Unlocked GSM capable (normally AT&T or T-MOBILE)

Must use Android 4.0 or IOS 7 or better

Must use a micro, mini or standard sim. ( GSM sim is a 3 in 1)

Using the above guidelines will help in deciding the correct GSM version to use.

Hope all is well,
    Nj

@njfulwider5
    This part of your reply is a little bit confusing. As I understand it, FP phones are all SPRINT. Are there then some phones offered here at FP that are other carriers, i.e. AT&T or T-Mobile?

Or must I be looking elsewhere for the actual phone, and then bring that phone to FP?

Thanks again.
  • Freedompop Customer HotspotsFreedompop Customer Hotspots Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    null
    Try restarting phone and then updating prl. If it doesnt work then you can activate it in the browser with sim inserted or just wait for freedompop to respond. They usually take 2-3 days.
  • Freedompop Customer HotspotsFreedompop Customer Hotspots Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    null
    Freedompop phones are usually CDMA so you will not be able to use it on some networks. Att for sure will work if the freedompop phone is unlocked but only in US.
    edited November 2016 #23

@njfulwider5
    This part of your reply is a little bit confusing. As I understand it, FP phones are all SPRINT. Are there then some phones offered here at FP that are other carriers, i.e. AT&T or T-Mobile?

Or must I be looking elsewhere for the actual phone, and then bring that phone to FP?

Thanks again.
    I must have misunderstood, When asking about using a GSM sim in a Moto E. I though we was still talking about the phones you can use with the sim, so I gave the guidlines on using the Sim FreedomPop sales. GSM phones use only a GSM Global Sim.

Must be unlocked GSM Capable (normally AT&T or T-Mobile)-Means to use the sim that FreedomPop sales, the phones need to be Unlocked.

FreedomPop Branded phones are predominantly Sprint. They have a couple of GSM phones they sell also, and soon to be many more. So Far, I have seen them sale a S5 and a Nexus 5 that was GSM.

PS-Jorge asked if I might be able to explain the GSM sim and the phones you can use.

• Alfonso CabralAlfonso Cabral Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I ordered one Huawei and I got an offer...this moto E.

The Huawei has been shipped but the Moto E order status is Submitted.

What is wrong ?
This discussion has been closed.