Trouble getting google voicemail

Christine WolfChristine Wolf Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I have been using a galaxy s4 with Freedompop for about 9 months. I already had a google number and everyone calls me on that number. Up until recently, if I didn't answer I got a google voicemail message via email, and that's what I want. I have changed nothing, but now my callers are being sent to FP visual voicemail, which I don't have set up and don't want. I then get a text saying there is a message on visual voicemail. Is there any easy way to get my google voicemail working again?

Comments

• Aaron (Last Day 21st)Aaron (Last Day 21st) Posts: 88FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭
    A lot of us are in the same boat, see discussion here: https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/11760/voicemail/p2.

Looks like @Miguel S. finally chimed in to acknowledge that while it is not a bug, that FP is aware of the inconvenience this has caused and may be looking into options.
    - Aaron
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 720FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    This is a must for Google Voice users:

Log into your account. Then My Account>Voicemail Preferences>then uncheck the box.

This disabled VM completely and allowed GV VM to work.
  • David BDavid B Posts: 29FreedomPop Newbie
    That should be My Account>Settings>Voicemail Preferences in my browser at least. Thanks for the tip. Two days ago someone left a voice message that my booking was not available and would not have had a place to sleep if they had not called again