Firephone

ashish ashish Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I have an amazon fire phone but no sim card i want to uze freedom pop.. How do i get started?

Comments

• goobygooby Posts: 58FreedomPop Newbie
    You can't use the Fire Phone with FreedomPop. The Fire Phone uses the GSM network. FreedomPop only uses the CDMA network. Amazon's phone will not work on FreedomPop's network.

You have to either buy a FreedomPop phone or bring your own phone to the service as long as it's one of the phones in the first list on this page:

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/4646/supported-phones-what-phones-can-i-activate-with-freedompop-on-byod-update-7-29-2015/p1

If you bring your own phone it must be a Sprint-branded phone.
  • joycemohjoycemoh Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Ok, bit late, but in case you or others are still interested in pulling off Amazon Fire with Freedompop, took me quite a bit of googling and trial and error, but actually, found it is possible and Freedompop now supports GSM.

At least, somehow I've gotten it to work on my Amazon Fire. Problem is Freedompop app is no longer available in the Amazon App store. So, you either have to root your phone, which I don't have the gumption to do, or download ES File Explorer first as a workaround and then get the Google Play store installed on your phone. Then from Google Play search for and install the Freedompop apps.

The first steps can be found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-phone/general/fire-phone-how-to-install-google-play-t2977237

Good luck!
  • Juanita536Juanita536 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    It seems like the GSM carrier Amazon's going with is AT&T. Now, this is just from what I've heard, but since the FreedomPop 4G LTE sim cards still show up as AT&T sims, even locked AT&T phones and tablets will still work with the 4G LTE sim. Mobdro App
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,553
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.