Cannot Text or Make Phone Calls

Don NguyenDon Nguyen Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Since the last update released for FreedomPop Messaging, around a week ago, I am unable to text or make phone calls. When attempting to open Messaging or making a call, I receive the message:

General Error- Oops, there was an error trying to communicate with the server. Please try again later.

I have FreedomPop Messaging's most recent app update in the Google Play Store. I have tried clearing the cache, and uninstalling and reinstalling updates for Messaging. I have updated the PRL and profile. I have also tried restarting the phone and soft resetting. However, the problem continues to persist.

It seems as if this problem only occurred after the newest update.
I am wondering if there is anything that could be done to help fix this problem, or whether or not I have to wait for the next FreedomPop Messaging update for the problem to be resolved.

Answers

• Ahsan2691Ahsan2691 Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    I had a similar problem but then I noticed that I disabled google services in restricted data. The freedompop app needs google services to register. So make sure you haven't disabled or restricted any background data.
  • Don NguyenDon Nguyen Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello,
    For my mobile data, I do not have any aps that have restrict background data. I was hoping this would solve the problem, but the problem still persists.

When you say google services, you mean Google Play services, correct?
  • S MPS MP Posts: 350FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 #4
    Hmmm @Don Nguyen

Have you tried logging onto your account online to be sure it isn't "suspended for inactivity" or perhaps has an expired card attached to it?

Also are you close to or have you exceeded any of the following?
    text limit
    voice limit
    data limit

Also, what phone do you have?

Trying to think of anything that might help.
    I'm not an employee...only a volunteer. If you need official assistance:

Freedompop Customer Service numbers-(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184---855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518---888) 915-2647--(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm PDT.
    Hello,

My account does not say that is is suspended for inactivity.

For text, voice, and data limit, I have not gotten close to exceeding the limit for any of them.

The phone that I have is a LG Optimus F3
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin
    Hello @Don Nguyen I took a look into your LG Optimus F3 account and it does look like you have not updated the messaging app since 9/12. Please visit your Google Play Store and download our latest messaging app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en
    Hello,

I went to the Google Play Store, and for FreedomPop Messaging, it says that it is already up to date. Furthermore, when I clicked on FreedomPop Messaging in the play store, the only options available are to either uninstall the app or open the app. There is no option to update the app, because I already have the most updated version on my phone.

I noticed that for this,
    Jorge M. said:

Hello @Don Nguyen I took a look into your LG Optimus F3 account and it does look like you have not updated the messaging app since 9/12. Please visit your Google Play Store and download our latest messaging app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en

It says that my app has not been updated since 9/12.

Referencing my first post,

Since the last update released for FreedomPop Messaging, around a week ago, I am unable to text or make phone calls.

My original post was on 9/22. Being that it was around a week before it stopped working, I'm assuming at 9/12, a new update was available, and when I tried to install the new update, that was when Freedompop Messaging stopped working for my phone.

In short, after updating my phone on 9/12, my phone has the updated version of the app, but to my account, it appears as if my phone does not have the updated Freedompop Messaging

I am unsure of how to address this problem