Trouble getting Texting working on my S4

James_in_UtahJames_in_Utah Posts: 244FreedomPop Newbie
Hi,
I have Hangouts, Hangouts Dialer, and Voice installed on my phone. Placing and receiving phone calls is working the way I expect, but something is messed up on texting. If I try to send a text from the Hangouts Dialer, I get an error that says: "9230 You are not allowed to send text messages". I can send text messages from Voice just fine. However, the reply comes to Voice, and I also get it in FP Messaging. When I check my usage log on FP, it says that I received a text. If I send with Voice, it doesn't show any usage. I'm not sure if I have the SMS integrated correctly. Can anyone using an S4, and Google Voice tell me if they have this working? I would expect that if I send a text from the Messaging app that I would get text in the messaging app, and that if I send text from Voice or Hangouts (which doesn't work) that I would receive the text in Hangouts but not Messaging. Am I wrong about this?

Comments

• James_in_UtahJames_in_Utah Posts: 244FreedomPop Newbie
    This seems to have worked itself out. In Google Voice, I unchecked the box saying "receive texts on this phone". That way the texts aren't also forwarded to the native number and only comes in on Hangouts. After syncing the account I no longer get the error.