Request To Fully Release MEID Please

Ismael TorresIsmael Torres Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Greetings :)

I currently have a FreedomPop LG G2 and was hoping someone here on the forums would be kind enough to assist me with having its MEID fully released & cleared for use on an alternative Sprint MVNO. I actually managed to contact Customer Service twice via telephone Friday afternoon, and though I was reassured during both attempts that the MEID was free, it still appears to show up as active on an existing account. If I attempt to open any FreedomPop app, it says I need to activate, so I do believe they accomplished deactivating the FreedomPop service itself from the phone, but know they were not actually successful in releasing/clearing the MEID itself.

I still show a completely different number under Settings -> About Phone -> Status and under Settings -> About Phone -> Network, it still shows in service, even after having powered off the phone and rebooting several times in 12 hours.

Might anyone be available to lend further assistance in this matter? I can't thank you enough in advance and look forward to a response at your earliest convenience :)

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ismael Torres Hey there Ismael, please send me your MEID number and I can take a look at what's up! You can send it to me instantly by clicking on my username and then pressing message. Good luck :)
  • Hello @Ismael Torres

I took a look at your account and your device and the MEID has been successfully released. I refreshed your account to see if that will make change, please check again :3
  • Ismael TorresIsmael Torres Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks so much Karina! I had the opportunity to check last night and it seemed the MEID was still showing as active on an existing account, but I can definitely check again once I get home this evening now that the account has been refreshed. I really appreciate everyone's efforts :) I'll be sure to report back once I've checked again. Thanks!
  • Ismael TorresIsmael Torres Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi @Karina Magana ;) Thanks for all your help with everything thus far. I must apologize for needing to trouble you any further regarding this. I believe @Ali and @Jorge M. had a chance to check into this, but unfortunately, it appears the IMEI/MEID still seems to reflect as being tied to an active account despite being deactivated from my FreedomPop account for some reason. Might you have any other recommendations for me? Many thanks in advance!