Google Voice app able to route calls with FreedomPop Premium Voice?

TeXcoderTeXcoder Posts: 26FreedomPop Newbie
When I first got my Kyocera Hydro Icons, I was able to install Google Voice, check "Use Google Voice to make all calls", uninstall the FreedomPop messaging app after allowing it to register on the network, and then use the native dialer to make calls routed through Google Voice. I can no longer do this, getting an error about not being able to make calls on the network. Was Google Voice initially able to handle calls because of a Premium Voice trial that I had for the first month?

Comments

• Nicholas JankowskiNicholas Jankowski Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    my guess is yes. that's what happens with my phone that doesn't have previum voice. My guess is paying for premium voice lets you use the Sprint voice channel. Did you check how your minutes were counted when you were doing that? pull down your voice minutes as expected?

Also, when set up this way did your calls go out over a voice channel but look to the recipient like it was coming from your GV number?
  • James_in_UtahJames_in_Utah Posts: 244FreedomPop Newbie
    I started my first trial period back in August on a Hydro. It was never able to use premium voice from either GV or Hangouts Dialer. Then I switched to the Galaxy S4, and it can't make premium calls either. Please post here if anyone figures out how to get Hangouts Dialer to make premium calls.