**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How long before I get my device?

lawgatorlawgator Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
Hello, I ordered the Freedom Spot MiFi 500 LTE on August 31, 2015 and still have not received it (today is Oct. 6). I called last week and they were unable to tell me when it would arrive and then said it was on backorder. However, the status bar says, "kitting" so obviously there seems to be a bit of dishonesty here as to the status. Can you please tell me when it will arrive and my order fullfilled? Why don't you let customers know in advance of these issues and tell them truthfully what the status really is? Thank you.

Best Answer

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    @lawgator Your MiFi 5580 will arrive soon! Once it's in kitting, it will be shipping out within 1-2 weeks. Representatives on the phone don't know exactly about order status of an individual device.

Answers

• David KempDavid Kemp Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
    edited October 2015 #3
    @Ali, I just got off the phone with customer service, and they said the MiFi 500 LTE that I ordered on August 26 is backordered, with no estimate for when a new shipment will arrive. Mine has also been in "kitting" (stage 3) for more than a month, so something isn't working as described. Either they don't have a device already assigned to me, or I do have a device but loading firmware is taking far longer than 1-2 weeks.

We don't mind waiting for things to happen - FreedomPop is doing great things and we understand that there will be delays when demand gets overwhelming. But dishonesty tarnishes the company's reputation for no reason. I know you're a forum guy, not an employee, but if you have any input into the company, please urge them to be more transparent. If they have ten thousand devices to "kit" and only one guy to do the work, then say "we've got a huge backlog in the device prep department". But if that's the problem then they should be able to give an estimate for how long it will take a device to work through the queue.
    Post edited by David Kemp on
  • Daniel WongDaniel Wong Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    My order of the MiFi 500 is also in kitting for over a month now. Previously a friend of mine ordered a hub from Freedompop and he never received it after 3 months but his credit card was kept charging for those 3 months until he finally requested all refunds back and had his account cancelled. The only thing I found out that it works by singing up with Freedompop service is to buy the hardware somewhere else online and activate on the Freedompop website yourself. So I am going to get one from ebay or somewhere else instead of waiting for a long time with Freedompop shipping service.
    @Ali, @Jorge M. Can you find out how long it will take for the MiFi 500 to ship once it gets to the "kitting" stage? It is already much longer than the claimed 1-2 weeks.
  • lawgatorlawgator Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Well, as an update to my earlier post, I finally got an email today (Oct. 21) that the LTE MiFi 500 that I ordered on August 31 has shipped. It was in "kitting" for several weeks. I am delighted that it is finally on the way! Fingers crossed that it will work well.
    Ordered Aug 26, got the email on Oct 20 and received the device today (Oct 24). Looks like they've cleared one logjam ...
  • lawgatorlawgator Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    I finally received the MiFi 500 LTE hotspot in the mail yesterday evening, Oct 26 after a 7+ week wait from when I ordered it on August 31. Unfortunately, it did not work. I spent an hour on the phone with the tech people. It would not get any bars for a signal from Sprint. I know I am in an LTE area for Sprint because I also have another Freedom Pop LTE phone that works fine and the coverage map and entering my address shows it is a Sprint LTE area. Tech support discovered that the sim card number in it did not match what they had and they thought that was the problem. They corrected that, activated it, and it still did not work. They then said they would mail me a new device, but not a LTE 500 MiFi. Instead they said they would send me a Netgear Mingle to replace it and email me a rma number to mail the other one back. They said they Netgear Mingles are better and have better radios in them and fewer problems. So, today I did a little research and saw that the Netgear Mingle they want to mail me as a replacement (refurbished) cost $39.99 from Freedom Pop and I paid $83.98 at the Freedom Pop site on August 31 for the LTE 500 MiFi. I called today and spoke to customer support again and told them not to mail me a Netgear Mingle and to please just cancel my account, refund the $10 credit I already put on it, and to send me the RMA info with a return label so I could get my full refund for the LTE 500 MiFi. They said they would, but based on my experience thus far I don't really know what to expect. I suppose if worse comes to worse I can contest the charge with my credit card company. This whole experience has been very frustrating. On the other hand, the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE Freedom Pop phone that I got from a recent Groupon works very well and I have no complaints about that one. I wish the rest of you luck with your 500 LTE orders and hope you don't have problems similar to me.
  • Keisha smartKeisha smart Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Order status please? I'm not waiting 2-3 months for a phone! Why advertise if you can fulfill!