**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Texting?

HeadseedHeadseed Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
Please pardon my ignorance. I'm rather new and trying to feel out the boundaries of my service and how I can utilize it the best. Having said that, I was trying to stay on the "free" service. Unfortunately I use more texts than are provided (not by a ton but lets say a couple hundred) but I use almost zero data. Is there an app that will allow me to use the data services to send more texts without having to leave the free plan? Thanks for any help someone can provide.

P.S. It doesn't have to be google voice. It can be any app that utilizes the data that I have available. I probably should have asked will whatever you are suggesting have an effect on the freedom pop voice and messaging apps?

Comments

• gezafischgezafisch Posts: 86FreedomPop Newbie
    @Headseed use google hangouts and enable sms in the hangouts settings. it will use data instead of talk and txt mins.

geza
  • HeadseedHeadseed Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    @gezafish thx for the tip. Hopefully I can figure that out :)
  • HeadseedHeadseed Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    @gezafish does this allow you to send text to anyone's phone? Or does it require them to install hangouts?
  • James_in_UtahJames_in_Utah Posts: 243FreedomPop Newbie
    You can send to anyone that can accept SMS. It also won't eat into your text limit. If you are on wifi it won't even count against your data.