**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Reset: How do I do a reset on my MiFi?

Remove the cover on your device to expose the battery. To the left of the USB port (used for charging your device), you will see a pin size button and the word reset. Use a pin or paperclip to hold this button down for approximately 5 seconds and release. The device will turn off and restart itself.

Comments

• jimcfl1jimcfl1 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    when I reset my unit and when it came back on the address changed from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1, which is Comcast, I can't log on to 192.168.1.1 to fix it and if I go to mifi.mlp that's Comcast any way to get this fixed. It was logging on before to Freedompop
  • @jimcfl1 - The device is still associated with FreedomPop. You can go to the device utility and customize the network name and password.
  • jimcfl1jimcfl1 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    thanks, it seems to work okay now
  • Stephen LiebStephen Lieb Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    When I use the reset button, the device does not shut itself off. I have held the reset button for over two minutes before, and nothing happens. However, when I finally release the button--I can feel the click upon the press and upon the release so I know it is being held down the entire time--the device then shuts down and restarts. Is this the way the device is supposed to work or do I have a defective device?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Stephen - I see you were able to reach a support agent regarding your issue.
  • Jeffrey SchmidtJeffrey Schmidt Posts: 68FreedomPop Newbie

When I use the reset button, the device does not shut itself off. I have held the reset button for over two minutes before, and nothing happens. However, when I finally release the button--I can feel the click upon the press and upon the release so I know it is being held down the entire time--the device then shuts down and restarts. Is this the way the device is supposed to work or do I have a defective device?

Whatever happened to this situation, it seams like the exact one I have?

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭

@Stephen, yes the MiFi is reset if it shuts down and restarts.

Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Bridget EmeryBridget Emery Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I just did the reset with my device, but honestly I turned it off first, then held down the reset button, then turned it back on. Not sure what type of device you are using, but don't forget to go back onto your device and then update the new info there as well. Example, I am using an ipad mini. I had to go back to the settings and wifi, tell it to ignore this network when the Freedompop name came up. Then I turned off wifi, turned it back on, and it acted as if it were a brand new wifi network, so I then put in the new password. Don't know if this helps you but maybe it will help someone =)
This discussion has been closed.