Galaxy note 4 byod issue

Patrick McCormackPatrick McCormack Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I know it's not an officially supported phone but I checked the Imei through swapa and the esn at ting and both were good. I cannot get the byod option to work for freedompop it says my phone cannot be activated. Any help?

Comments

• Hello @Patrick McCormack

Would you please provide me with your phones MEID so that I can check why it is telling you that it cannot be activated.
  • Patrick McCormackPatrick McCormack Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I just PMed it to you.
  • Patrick McCormackPatrick McCormack Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I just PMed it to you.
  • Matthew ScheirerMatthew Scheirer Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    Did you get a Note 4 to work? I'm intent to get a relative one of the Note series on Freedompop but I'd like the most recent one that works.
  • rodril3rodril3 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried having my note 4 activated by freedompop and was told it was not on the list of supported byod phones.. What is the outlook for support of the galaxy note 4?
  • Matthew ScheirerMatthew Scheirer Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    I did get my grandmother a Note 4 for Christmas through swappa, and I had the guy I bought it from give me the device and sim numbers to try activating it before shipping.

It worked, and the phone works. So if you have a valid meid + sim you can activate a Note 4 on Freedompop just fine. Just remember its unsupported, so don't go crying to the staff here if connectivity is wonky. 4G and 3G work fine for me though after PRL / Profile updates.