How to Unlock my S4 to be used on other Carrier

KEN CHAOKEN CHAO Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Please advice what is the proper way to unlock (release MEID) of my BYOD S4, so I can use on other Carrier.

Thanks,

Comments

• Ron LTE VOICE SIMRon LTE VOICE SIM Posts: 263FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer ✭✭✭
    @KEN CHAO If you enter your account settings, My Account > Account Settings, you will see a deactivate account link at the bottom. This will allow you to cancel your service. It should work, but you will probably see a phone number pop up telling you to call in to cancel. Call that number and follow the prompts to speak to an agent that will cancel your device.

About 30-45 minutes after the service is cancelled, your device will become inactive and you can use it on another Sprint network carrier. You cannot use a Sprint branded device on another network without calling in to Sprint and having the SIM slot unlocked for use on another network. Bear in mind that most Sprint devices lack the radios to work on a different network anyways, so it isn't necessarily a good idea to try and move it to someone else, but working with Boost or Ting is always an option if you aren't happy with FP.
  • Hello @KEN CHAO

If you have not done what Ron advised (btw thank you), I would be happy to release the ESN for you just let me know please.
  • KEN CHAOKEN CHAO Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I follow Ron's advice and was waiting for 10 minutes and no one answer my call, please release the phone (ESN) for me. Thanks
  • @KEN CHAO

I have released your ESN as you requested :3
  • garfieldltdgarfieldltd Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello Karina, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that I can't receive calls because of weak signal in my area and I would like to have my phone unlocked/released so I can sign up with another carrier. Can you please help? Thanks in advance.