**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

I am havin problems getting Nexus5 connected

sasgxlsasgxl Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
I purchased the FP Nexus5 on Woot (I also purchased an LG Volt to replace a broken FP Kyocera Hydro).

The Nexus did not come with a SIM card - do I need a SIM card? Do I lose any capabilities/functionality?
I seem to get closer to a functional phone when I have the Volt SIM card in the Nexus.

Now, with the Volt SIM, I get a popup for SIM card settings, the browser opens, and I see a URL about Sprint Self Service, but get a DNS message, and my ISPs search page.

I can call and text with the FP messaging app while on WIFI.

If I take the SIM card out, I get stuck in a loop with the FP Messaging app saying I need he PF Free talk and text app, then the reverse.

I am very technical, and have done a lot of reading, trying to help myself, but I am not seeing any information that helps me move forward.

I read in one forum that I may need to begin by going down the path of BYOD. This goes into the validation, but the email address I enter is already associated with an account (associated with the Nexus5 device).

What am I missing? What do I need to do?

Thanks,
Greg

y

Best Answer

Answers

• S MPS MP Posts: 350FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    I would just contact FP customer service and tell them your phone isn't working over LTE and get a replacement. But this is very odd anyhow since it should at least work over 3G without the SIM.

My husbands phone came from Woot/FreedomPop and it activated no problem right on the phone. We didn't need to do anything unusual. It must have had the sim because LTE worked right off the bat.

Using the wrong SIM will not help you because Sprint locks sim cards to specific devices as I recall.

I read about this a while back and the info is fuzzy at this point...

You could try going the route of getting a sim from Sprint directly and having the numbers linked, but most Sprint customer service reps don't really know what they're doing and often are reluctant to help MVNO customers from what I've read/what I can recall. It might work out for you...but that's an adventure I wouldn't really want to have personally.
    I'm not an employee...only a volunteer. If you need official assistance:

Freedompop Customer Service numbers-(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184---855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518---888) 915-2647--(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm PDT.