Freedompop earn data offers DODGY!!!!!!

MrXTMrXT Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie
I just had a browse of the earn data feature and after turning off my adblocker for freedompop they displayed 4 offers and one of them labeled geolotto redirects you to http://consumers-survey.com which is a known **** website offering iphone5s for free if you pay postage then charging your credit cards random fees for subscription charges.

For me it linked tohttp://consumers-survey.com and it was an amazon survey with 5 pointless questions then offered me 3 things for free if i pay postage. Anti aging cream, an e-cig premium starter kit ketone fat burning pills, all with false value displayed for them like the e-cig saying its worth £90 even tho i searched it online and it actually costs £10 delivered.

Freedompop is basically setting us up to be scammed with excessive subscription charges to random crap off the internet.

This is what it lead to
http://consumers-survey.com/8/UnitedKingdom.php?&c1=WTUK&c2=LP2~1404-10009191~ts196-international1-catchall.com-&t202kw=Amazon

then this the same geolotto thing redirect to this
http://millionairetruth.com/s/4011-5c7f1f2595d01c55a50e68b34cc70757.html?utm_source=47775&utm_medium=47775&utm_term=&parameter=&utm_campaign=47775&s=47775&a=apapamam7&clickid=w6LTO1VLPJVV6CPN0NPGF2FG

The description of geolotto is this "Popular, Shopping, High Paying Offers, Registration, Gambling

5-30 minutes"

So why is it redirecting to all of the above crap!!!

Comments

• 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    Good spot. As with all things commercial, "let the buyer beware." I agree, however, that it's somewhat disappointing to feel like you are being coaxed into a ****.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • MrXTMrXT Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie

Good spot. As with all things commercial, "let the buyer beware." I agree, however, that it's somewhat disappointing to feel like you are being coaxed into a ****.

Indeed and no response from anyone at freedompop either. No free data is worth messing around with that.
  • Ken-WNCKen-WNC Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Yeah, I clicked on the youtube downloader and was redirected to some completely different offer! I closed out and immediately installed Avast. What the crap, FP? Are you intentionally trying to brick my new phone with viruses? I mean, seriously?
  • Mark ClarkstoneMark Clarkstone Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I noticed that most of the "offers" are basically **** as well. I was expecting basic surveys like the Toluna and Quidco surveys. Those I don't mind doing.

For me the basic "free" tier is fine (I'm an extremely light user) so don't really need to do these offers however it would have been nice to be given the option to earn more data if needed.
  • douglas beerdouglas beer Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie
    I did one that was just a very long survey about motor oil. It was for 200MB or so, and I learned quite a bit about motor oil doing the survey.
  • cagstercagster Posts: 179FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Freedompop have a responsibility IMO regards to these offers, they need to review the content and their arrangements
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭

Good spot. As with all things commercial, "let the buyer beware." I agree, however, that it's somewhat disappointing to feel like you are being coaxed into a s.c.a.m.

Wow! That's odd. I have just discovered this site doesn't like the word s.c.a.m.

If you use it, you'll find it is replaced with four asterisks: ****

For a minute there, I thought I had lost my sense of propriety and written a bad word. How bizarre is that? What's wrong with the word s.c.a.m?
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • Fabrizio Martellucci ( starts 7th )Fabrizio Martellucci ( starts 7th ) Posts: 699FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Because people will usually put that word in a search with the name of the company so to avoid unhappy association in search results it gets censored ;)
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 2,468FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's at least 8 or 9 words that are not swear words that are treated like that. f.a.l.s.e is another one but untrue is ok.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, & 803S