**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

SIlence/delayed voice even after refreshing profile and prl on 3G

Peter MorrisonPeter Morrison Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
edited October 2015 in Nexus 5 #1
My daughter has not been able to communicate on her phone for a while. We updated it to Marshmallow hoping that would fix that and other booting issues. But, even though it boots up much better, when a call is place or received the other person cannot be hear. It pops up a free trial for premium voice.
So, I added a google voice number, and hangouts dialer and that works fine. But how do I get the Freedom pop to work, since that should not use the data service?
Post edited by Peter Morrison on

Comments

• Peter MorrisonPeter Morrison Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
    edited October 2015 #2
    The problem is pretty much the inability for the device to recognize a data connection. Google voice can call over wifi, but the native voice will not work on wifi. Setting prl / profile does not work on data...no data connect, though bars can be seen.
    I tried to resetting carrier, but the phone fails to respond to the dial command.
    I am awaiting the next step to try
    This either to reset carrier.
    *# *# 72786 #* #*
    Post edited by Peter Morrison on
    I successfully reset the carrier without the need to enter the code. I could make a call on data but it takes a very long time to connect the call and when connected there is close to a10 second delay in voice transmission.
    I need improved service.
    I was told i need to get the voice upgrade to support the latency issue and expect a support call back tomorrow to resolve the time lag issue on 3g signal.
    Problem appears to be resolved by paying $2.50 a month to get upgraded calling service.