Nexus 5 Troubles

Shawn GarringerShawn Garringer Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Hi Freedompop. I have a Nexus 5 that I am just having all sorts of trouble with. Registered the MEID (35823905206259) on the site and went to Sprint to get a SIM card. At first the phone got 3G but no LTE. Thinking a problem with the SIM card, I went back and got another SIM card. ICCID (89011200000506929719 ) the device still will not get LTE (Despite being in a Spark area) and will say No Sim Card - Sprint as the network. I have tried Updating the profile, and Updating the PRL to no avail. Please help!!

Comments

• Hello @Shawn Garringer

When you have gotten these new SIM cards did you have an agent update your ICCID on the account? The ICCID may just need to be updated and if you are still having this issue then it can probably be the SIM.

ICCID (89011200000506929719 ) Is this your current ICCID, so that I can update it for you?
  • Shawn GarringerShawn Garringer Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Karina, I attempted to call in and update the ICCID but the phone representatives said that Android devices don't use SIM cards so they never would take the ICCID number when I called. The ICCID number 89011200000506929719 is what is in the device right now, if you could update it that would be super awesome of you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    edited October 2015 #4
    @Shawn Garringer

I have updated your ICCID, please let me know if it is still telling you no SIM card. :)
    Hi Karina, no luck I am afraid. I tried *#*#72786#*#* and even a factory reset. After factory reset, device connected to LTE for about 30 seconds. Then lost service. Device will find Sprint 3G now but after 5 minutes or so I get a popup that says the SIM is locked, and then the carrier name is No SIM - Sprint. My Sprint Nexus 5 sitting right next to this one is using LTE no problem.
    Any ideas? It is frustrating to not be able to use this phone. I may have to cancel and return it to Woot if I can't get this functional.
  • Turney  WongTurney Wong Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    GPS is not very good. Lose it frequently. Any suggestions?