**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Trying to get BYOD Galaxy S5 onto my account.

BobWölfé Jung2BobWölfé Jung2 Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
Hello,
I just received a used (in great shape) Samsung Galaxy S5 (Sprint) with a clean ESN, off of eBay in order to upgrade from my current device (Galaxy SII) on FreedomPop. It did not come with a SIM card. I'd like to use this device on my same account, with my same phone number. I'm happy to purchase a new SIM card from FreedomPop.

I've checked thee IMEI and MEID on swappa, ting and RingPlus, and they pass with no problems on all 3 sites, but when I check on FreedomPop's BYOD, is says "Sorry your phone does not qualify, pick up our LTE Smartphone at 80% off".

I'm happy to PM my IMEI and MEID to admins for assistance.
I'm really hoping I didn't just spend all that money on a phone I can't use on Freedom Pop.

Best Answer

Answers

• Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 #3
    Try using the meid Dec and you need to have the sim card for the LTE, you can get one from ting.com
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • BobWölfé Jung2BobWölfé Jung2 Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanx Ryan,
    but I am using thee base10 MEID, not thee base16 hexidecimal version...

I also believe that FreedomPop sells a SIM card for some of their BYOD devices... so I left this to have an admin help me.
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 #5

Thanx Ryan,
    but I am using thee base10 MEID, not thee base16 hexidecimal version...

I also believe that FreedomPop sells a SIM card for some of their BYOD devices... so I left this to have an admin help me.

The sim they sell is a U.K sim for the U.K. Service. Also that particular sim is a GSM one for 3 U.K

The meid dec that has had the most success in byod
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • S MPS MP Posts: 350FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Ali Any ideas?
    I'm not an employee...only a volunteer. If you need official assistance:

Freedompop Customer Service numbers-(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184---855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518---888) 915-2647--(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm PDT.
    @Jorge M. Just PMed you thee info. Thanx very much for looking into this for me.
    Thank ya'll all very much.